55th Annual Grammy's: My Favorites!

Estelle in a Genelle Brooks x Love Collins 

Estelle has been looking magnificent as of late. Although I have always been a major fan of her short hair, I'm really beginning to love the longer locks on her. Her two piece look from burgeoning designer Genelle Brooks was absolutely breathtaking. I loved the prints and the mermaid tail of the look. I am inspired to hit the gym up a little more in preparation for midriff season this summer.

Solange in Ralph & Russo Couture



Bold Shoulder? Check. Thigh High Slit? Check. Classic Pump Spruced Up With Texture and Neon Color?  Check. Vibrant Green? Check. Sequins? Check. Dewy Skin and Fresh-Faced Makeup? Check.
Solange did that. But, then again, when does she not? I love my sister.

Kelly Rowland in Georges Chakra Couture

Best dressed. Hands down.
Kelly was sexy but tasteful. Those sheer geometric panels and mermaid tail brought to bit of daring fun to the gown without her appearing to be oversexed. She stole the entire show. To me, she achieved the look Jennifer Lopez always seems to be grasping for.

Taylor Swift in J Mendel 

While I am no fan of Taylor Swift and I am completely over her insistence of wearing virginal white or cream to every single award ceremony, this gown was a complete stunner. She finally dressed and displayed her age. The flowy fabric, the high slit, and the cut-out detailing on the front and back of this J Mendel gown are all quite exquisite. Now, if only we could get her music to mature...

Katy Perry in Gucci

Katy Perry knows what her best assets are and she has no qualms with putting them forward. And I am not mad at that at all. This body hugging Gucci gown showed her beautiful shape. That soft pea green color looked lovely against her pale skin. I loved the vibrant, bejeweled detailing on the neckline of the gown and how she kept her hair simple with the middle part and slight waves for the occasion. Black hair is my favorite color on the natural blonde.

Rihanna in a custom Azzedine Alaia

Rihanna was serving us "A Girl Like Me" realness last night! She returned to her roots with wavy brown hair that she updated with a hint of ombre. Her custom Azzedine Alaia gown was beautiful!! I loved the layered sheer fabrics and how graceful she looked walking up and down the carpet. And, of course, leave it up to Ms. Fenty to flash us those nipple rings and keep it risque. Her and Chris were extremely coupled up last night. 2008, is that you? 

Beyonce in Osman

My recent obsession with minimalism, monochrome mixing, and menswear all work together to form my love of Mrs. Carter's look to the Grammys. I love that she stepped out in something different with the pantsuit. I love the sleek ponytail and the red lip. A completely classic and demure outfit. I'll just say this: I am not really here for the booty/hips pad she was wearing but I love the silhouette they created for her outfit. Bey has hips but she isn't that wide and her booty was popping a little larger than the norm. But.. I understand and accept and encourage every woman's right to have fun with their appearance so Mrs. Carter will flourish on this sacred blog.

2 comments :

  1. i love all the dresses...i HATED beyonce's outfit. YES to the booty pad!!! i was like wth is that?! i was offended.
    someone said that she looked like she was going to the PTA. pahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHAAAAAAAAA!! now tha you say that, I can definitely see the PTA happening. Beyonce had that kid and... well... its all up in the air now. Not sure if this is good or not. lol

      Delete