Ethnic Printed Peplum

I love pencil skirts. More specifically, high-waist pencil skirts. But, because of my booty and hips, I don't necessarily always feel comfortable wearing them. I feel like a lot of my body is on display and it can become very hyper-sexual very quickly if I am not careful. I'm not fully at ease with the glances, winks, and mischievous smiles yet.

[enter peplum]

Now, peplum skirts, shirts, jackets, and dresses have been exceedingly popular for the past year or so. And, although I really love the style I never really invested in buying any peplum pieces until I purchased this dress from Dorothy Perkins a couple of weeks ago. I finally got a chance to wear it this weekend and immediately feel in love with the shape on my figure (and I forgot to take pics -_-). I love how the peplum detailing on skirts/dresses hides distracts creates this nice, clean, modest aura that is still flirtatious and fun.

Anyway, I want to get 1-2 more peplum pieces for my wardrobe. I want classic statement piece that could bring about longevity. Pieces like a nice neutral colored jacket and a bold skirt. Because one of my goals is to better support independent businesses, I've been searching on Etsy to find some good pieces. I recently ran across the Kait Bias Cut Peplum Skirt from De-Mes'Tiks and think I've found love.



Aren't they divine?! I really love ethnic prints, high waist garb, and peplum detailing so these two items were no brainers when I ran across them. I've always wanted to own tailored authentic African print items but never new a seamstress or where to get the material. These skirts combine so much of what I love that it excites me. I'm not sure which one I love more but I can't wait for one of them to make their way into my closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment