REVEL x Annya Kai


This weekend I ventured out into Alexandria to see the Annya Kai Art Show at REVEL boutique. Located on the second floor of a converted brownstone, REVEL is a great shop filled with a mix of LA's signature edge and fearlessness and dope local designers. I was greeted in front of the shop by Jolleen (of Simply Jolleen) who was hosting the event. The delicious sugar cookies she was handing out was just a small precursor to the wondrous spread of cookies, cupcakes, chocolates, and lemonade waiting for me when I walked up to the shop. My tummy was super ecstatic.




As soon as I walked into REVEL and saw the collection, I fell in love. Full fringe body con dresses, ikat + neon print bombers, and tailored blazers with zippered detailing all sprinkled with a plethora of gold rings, spiked bracelets, wide-brimmed hats, and vibrant flowy scarves. The entire collection of clothing is divine. All I could think was, "WHY HAS IT TAKEN ME SO LONG TO GET HERE?"




Annya's art was displayed all throughout the store. A beautiful collection of canvas, prints, and mirrors filled with vibrant images of owls, peacocks, bear cubs, and other animals. I was totally obsessed with this phenomenal peacock piece and, luckily, was able to get a print for my growing art collection.



Thanks so much to Francesca, the owner of Revel, and Annya for such a lovely event. My first trip into Old Town Alexandria was a success. I absolutely love the store and the artwork.

If you're interested in Annya's work, the exhibit is going on through June 28. Head over to REVEL to add some dope LA-inspired gear to your closet and be sure to pick up a couple prints for your home.

1026 King St
2nd Floor
Alexandria, VA 22314

No comments:

Post a Comment