Photo Diary: Eastern Market











At almost 5 years in the city, this past weekend was my first time actually venturing out to Eastern Market to enjoy the food and arts market. Farm fresh flowers, fruits, vegetables, jellies, jams, cheese, and produce were everywhere. Beautiful jewelry and dresses straight from India, Thailand, and various countries in Africa. Consignment and vintage boutiques had the most most darling pieces dating back to as early as the 50s. I saw some beautiful artwork from local artists... including these awesome purses and eReader covers made from actual books! I ended up leaving with a vintage dress and a few books. I really need to make it a habit to visit the market more frequently. It was pretty awesome.

xo,
jana-lynn

4 comments :

  1. I want to go here with you one day! This has to happen! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This means you have to plan a DC trip! \o/ I'll be waiting :)

      Delete
  2. Gaaaaah!!! I don't even wear necklaces like that but I need them all!
    PS, you should add Disqus for comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats the same way I felt. They have to so many swoony pieces. What's Discus??

      Delete