I Think I Might Love ColourPop...



THE SWATCHES!
How lovely is it to see lip color swatches on varying skin tones in order to help you see if the color will work for your complexion?! I appreciate their efforts in transparency and informed decision making.




I've never been a a big beauty aficionado but, in recent years, the #NoBareLips30 Movement (read this lovely write up on MadameNoire about this project!) has inspired me to experiment with varying lip colors. Do I still mostly wear matte nudes? Yes BUT... at least I have vampy purples, classic reds, and a berry color or three in the event I want to jazz it up a bit. That counts for something.

Over the past 2 years, I've seen rave reviews about up-and-coming brand called ColourPop. The brand's trademark ultra matte lip colors are growing to become pretty legendary at this point. For example, ColourPop has been selling the 3 colors included in the now-sold-out Kylie Lip Kit for a while now (not sure if you call it a dupe if it was around first). Another great thing about them is that price points making their brand accessible to almost everyone ($5-6 for liners and lip color). Just to be transparent, I have yet to own any of their colors. Everything about what they're doing is just very exciting to me so I figured I'd spread the wealth.

Now, excuse me as I stare down the 9 lippies in my shopping cart that that are daring me to defy my spending budget.

xo,
jana-lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment