Photo Diary: Great Falls










I spent my Friday exploring the river bends of the Potomac River at Great Falls Park in Virginia. The jagged rocks and steep caverns tell a very interesting story of the topography of the earth over the years. I was able to stand in areas that were the floor of the river and got to see the effects of river water and flow on the rocks. Outside of the exercise, it was an awesome learning experience. 

It was really great to just take some time out and enjoy the beauty of the day - even though it was dreary and wet all day. It's crazy that something this majestic is just 15 miles away from Washington, DC. I have to make this trip a lot more often.

Oh. And, in case you were wondering, Nike Dunks were NOT suited for the adeventure. I need to upgrade my equipment. LOL

xo,
jana-lynn

1 comment :