BKc "Black Seminole" Varsity Jacket - The Brooklyn Circus

I first heard about The Brooklyn Circus back in 2008. A family member told me of a friend who had started a clothing line that was aimed at celebrating the classic cool of Brooklyn. Back then, it was mostly logo tees with elephants imprints. Over the years, I've watch the brand evolve to fully capture the classic aesthetic and have fallen in love with their charm. The pieces look and feel extremely timeless but always maintain a classic touch.
source
Since they began releasing their varsity jackets about 4-5 years ago, I have been obsessed. But, I always find out about the releases a bit too late and never can quite make a purchase on time. BKc has quite the following, you know. In December 2013, BKc dropped the Black Seminole Varsity Jacket and I was smitten.




Hand made from 100% Melton wool & naked cow hide, I love the fit trim and tailored look of this piece. As a Caribbean girl who has always been taught to treasure her Native ancestry, the headpiece patch on the right chest was such an awesome addition. I never got a varsity jacket in high school (my school colors were orange and green so the green wool and orange leather sleeves was something i could never fully commit to) so I was extremely ready to make this jacket a staple piece for my fall/winter wardrobe. But, as is the custom of many of the things I have wanted to purchase as of late, it was sold out by the time I found it. 

Seems like I am a day late and a dollar short, again. Perhaps I can find a site and custom create some level of cool for my closet. Or, just maybe, BKc will re-release. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

xo,
Jana-Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment