Giovanna Battaglia Engelbert



Giovanna Battaglia Engelbert is an Italian fashion editor, stylist, creative director and consultant. She is currently the senior fashion editor at Vogue Japan and a contributing editor at W Magazine.




She began working in the fashion industry at age 17, when she modeled in her hometown of Milan. After about a year into the work, she realized she hated it and was more attracted to the storytelling and messaging that can be cultivated with clothes. She quite fashion and starting working as a stylist, supporting herself through the earnings she had saved while modeling, for three years before getting picked up as a fashion editor for L’Uomo Vogue (under Anna Dello Russo) which forever changed her story.





I read an excerpt of her book over on W Magazine, and knew I had to immediately purchase. While I am not the most familiar with her editorial work, I've always been a fan girl of her street style looks during fashion week and I've always found it fascinating to learn the stories of how people made it to where they are. 

I'm packing Gio_Graphy: Fun in the Wild World of Fashion on my flight to Tanzania and can't wait to devour it. Hopefully, it'll be the inspiration I need to keep pursuing this second career.

xo,
jana-lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment