Beyonce for March 2013 American Vogue


Shot by Patrick Demarchelier, Beyonce looks absolutely stunning in this spread as the cover girl for the March 2013 'Power Issue' of Vogue. Check out more pictures from the spread below and check out the article here. Get your own copy of the issue when it hits newsstands on February 19.







In the accompanying article to this beautiful spread, Mrs. Carter lets her guard down and let's us in on to who she really is.

On her new album recorded in The Hamptons last summer:
“We had dinners with the producers every day, like a family. It was like a camp. Weekends off. You could go and jump in the pool and ride bikes . . . the ocean and grass and sunshine. . . . It was really a safe place.”

On her perspective of womanhood:
Right now, after giving birth, I really understand the power of my body. I just feel my body means something completely different. I feel a lot more confident about it. Even being heavier, thinner, whatever. I feel a lot more like a woman. More feminine, more sensual. And no shame.”

On her split with her father, Matthew Knowles, as a business manager:
My father taught me so much about being a businesswoman and I’m understanding him a lot now. . . . A lot of the crazy things he did were necessary.”

On gender equity:
“Equality is a myth, and for some reason everyone accepts the fact that women don’t make as much money as men do. Power’s not given to you. You have to take it."

On her husband, Jay-Z:
“Just knowing someone’s always going to be honest and tell the truth ... [who] can understand exactly what I’m going through—and I can understand exactly what he’s going through.”

On owning her life:
“I don’t feel like I have to please anyone. I feel free. I feel like I’m an adult. I’m grown. I can do what I want. I can say what I want. I can retire if I want. That’s why I’ve worked hard.”




Whether you are prepared or not, the season of Beyonce Giselle Knowles-Carter is upon us. From singing the national anthem at the Presidential Inauguration to her exhilarating Super Bowl half time show to Pepsi endorsements and fashion spreads in Vogue and GQ. Her world tour is selling out in a manner of minutes and Mrs. Carter doesn't even have a new single on the radio yet. 2013 is definitely her year.

No comments:

Post a Comment